Friday, November 4, 2011

Review & Swatches: Wet n Wild Coloricon Palette in Comfort Zone


I figured that I should review this next, since I probably use this palette as much as I used the Urban Decay Naked Palette (reviewed here). A lot of bloggers have reviewed this palette with really great reviews, so I had to check it out. It absolutely lived up to its reputation, especially for someone that normally doesn't buy drugstore brands.

I really like that the designates colors for certain parts of the smoky eye; for those of you who have a harder time with using multiple colors, this helps push you in the right direction. Even still, each color stands out on its own, and I find myself using colors individually for other looks.

The first 4 colors are from the first column, and the last 4 are from the second column. Honestly, not a single color is a dud here. Each shadow could rival the quality and pigmentation of high-end brands like NARS or Hourglass. The first column has more versatile, "every day" colors due to their nude tone, but the second column is very wearable nonetheless. The colors swatch fairly close to how they appear in the pan, although the browbone color in the second column is lighter and less grey and the crease color a little less green. Out of all of the colors, my favorite has to be the duochromatic definer color in the second column. It's a more-pigmented version of MAC's eyeshadow "Club" for a fraction of the price (~$.62 per color vs $15? Yeah.) Moral of the story: this palette is freaking amazing. Buy it.

Pros:
  • Super pigmented, buttery texture without fallout
  • Very useable colors
  • Stupid mad cheap ($4.99 at Walgreens)
  • Wears well throughout the day, even without primer.
Cons:
  • No matte colors? There really isn't anything to gripe about.
I took a picture of how I wore it the other day (using the second column and MAC Blacktrack Fluidline over Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer), what a coincidence!
Sorry for looking sleepy, I was trying to show how that defining color shifts colors without looking like a huge derp. Isn't it gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment