Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine

Sephora had this little kit that included this lip butter in jar and tube form for basically the same price as the lip butters individually. I had heard about this online a bunch, so I had to get it even though part of me was reminding me that I have a billion lip balms already.

It's important to note that I have perpetually chapped lips, regardless of how much water I drink, so most lip balms don't do much. Not this guy. I've never seen my lips so wonderfully moisturized, and also it tastes delicious. My friend has super dry skin, and she actually gasped out loud when she saw/felt how moisturizing this is.

Bare lips, surprisingly not chapped
After application
As you can see, it doesn't provide any color to my lips (not that I need it). It just makes my lips feel so soft and shiny in the best way possible. I also appreciate that it's made with natural ingredients (and has Sephora's Natural Seal) in addition to being wonderful in its own right. My only gripe is that it comes in a jar, which is kinda annoying if I have slightly longer nails and for sanitary reasons. Luckily, there's the tube version of the lip butter, which I'll probably end up buying again as opposed to the jar. 

In short, get this is if you like things that taste good and have thirsty lips! It also might provide a tiny bit of color if you have not-pigmented lips, but I can't vouch for that personally.

Pros:
  • Tasty
  • Very moisturizing, even for the extremely dry-lipped
  • Sheer (if that's what you're in to)
  • Natural ingredients, such as shea butter
Cons:
  • A little pricey for the size (but if you can get the 2-for-1 set, then it's a pretty good bargain)
  • The jar form isn't as convenient, in terms of nails getting in the way and sanitation

No comments:

Post a Comment